- April 2017 till now: Heritage Management Professional (Founder) – HeritageForAll Initiative
- Sept. 2018 – Oct. 2019: Research and Teaching Assistant – German University of Technology in Oman (GUTech), Faculty of Business & Economics, Department of Logistics, Tourism, and Service Management [Affiliated to RWTH Aachen University]
- July 2019: Lecturer – Egypt Exploration Society (British Council – Cairo, Egypt)
- Dec. 2011 – Aug. 2019: Freelance English-speaking Tour Guide
- Apr. – May 2018: Project Associate – Torasna for Heritage Development and Management S.A.E (Sector “Visitor Management and Interpretation” – the proposal of the Pyramids of Giza Strategic Management Plan (2019 – 2022) as a part of UNESCO EG WHS “Memphis & its Necropolis”)
- Aug. 2016 – Feb. 2017: Heritage Researcher – Œcumene Studio For Integrated Urban Development and Sustainable Architecture (SIWI Project (Siwa Architecture Community Centre: towards an Inclusive and Heritage-conscious Urban Transition)
- Feb. – Aug. 2016: Heritage Development Officer – Children’s Civilization and Creativity Center (Child Museum)
- 2019 – 2022 PhD Candidate in “Architecture: Innovation and Heritage”, Università degli Studi Roma Tre (Rome, Italy) – Under the theme “Urban Heritage and Mass Tourism“, the PhD research project is “Cultural Identity and Branding: an Integrated Approach to Enhance the Heritage Value“.
- 2013 – 2015 M.A. in Heritage Conservation and Site Management, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (Germany) and Helwan University (Egypt) – Master Dissertation: “Developing Innovative Marketing Plan to Augment the Visitation of Egyptian World Heritage Site(s): a Case Study on Saladin Citadel“.
- 2009 – 2011 Tourism Guidance Diploma – Faculty of Tourism & Hotel Management – Helwan University
- 2005 – 2009 Bachelor in History – Faculty of Arts, Cairo University
2021 ICOMOS-ICTC Member
- July – Dec. 2016: UNESCO New Delhi-supported initiative GoUNESCO Internship “Country Research”
- May – Aug. 2015: UNESCO Internship – UNESCO Cairo office – International Campaign #Unite4Heritage
- Arabic [Mother Tongue];
- English [Full Professional Proficiency];
- Russian and German [Elementary Proficiency]
- Heritage Communities and Human Rights (ICOMOS International Working Group “Our Common Dignity“ / ICOMOS Estonia – Nordic Council of Ministers, Estonian Academy of Arts, National Heritage Board of Estonia, Juminda Peninsula Society, and Lahemaa National Park Cooperation Council)
- Community Engagement in Architectural Projects (Dr. Dina Shehayb, UNHCR (CSP Unit))
- Quality Management (Dr. Astrid Loff, DAAD Kairo Akademia (DKA))
- Disaster Risk Management and First Aid to Cultural Architectural Heritage in Crises Times (Centre of Documentation for Cultural and Natural Heritage (CULTNAT) – Bibliotheca Alexandrina and Egyptian Heritage Rescue Foundation (EHRF)).
- Management of Heritage Sites (Dr. Douglas C. Comer, President of California State Railroad Museum (CSRM) Foundation and Co-President of The International Scientific Committee on Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM) for International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS)).
- 17 December 2020 Guest Lecture “Cultural Heritage Recognition” – M.A. Program in Heritage Management, Faculty of Social Sciences, History Department, Banaras Hindu University, India.
- 24 November 2020 Guest Lecture “Cultural Identity: International Case Studies of People-centered Approach” – the Master Program in Cultural Heritage and Protection of Cultural Goods, Heidelberg Center for Cultural Heritage (HCCH), Heidelberg University, Germany.
- 13 June 2020 Online Lecture “Heritage Branding: Protective Shield to Sustain the Cultural Sites” – HeritageForAll Initiative and Œcumene Studio.
- 18 April 2020 Online Lecture “Cultural Identity: Curating the Heritage City” – HeritageForAll Initiative [ICOMOS International Day of Monuments and Sites (World Heritage Days 2020)“Shared Cultures, Shared Heritage, Shared Responsibility”]
- March – June 2020 Online Lectures “in ARABIC” – Heritage Management Principles
- 02 April 2020 Guest Lecture “The Mediterranean Diet in Egypt” – the International Master Program in Agricultural Heritage Systems, Laboratory for Landscape and Cultural Heritage of the School of Agriculture, Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy.
- 29 March 2020 Guest Lecture “Conservation: Terms and Differentiation” – Faculty of Engineering, Architecture Department, Ain Shams Uni., Egypt
- 27 Sept. 2019 Keynote Speaker “How to Market the Heritage Value?” in the 2nd International Conference on Regional Challenges and Exploring Sustainable Solutions (Architectural Profession in Pakistan: Vision 2025 and Beyond) RCESS-II/IAPex-2019, Institute of Architects Pakistan [in cooperation with Uni. of Engineering and Technology Peshawar and Hazara Uni. Mansehra], Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- 08 Aug. 2019 Keynote Speaker “World Heritage Terminology” that to be a particular contribution to the Raquda Foundation for Art and Heritage’s Initiative of Alexandria World Heritage Simulation that was founded in a partnership with the Alexandria Centre for Hellenistic Studies – Bibliotheca Alexandrina as well as academic sponsorship by UNESCO UNITWIN Network for Underwater Archaeology; Alexandria Uni. and Centre d’Études Alexandrines.
- 23 June 2019 Public Lecture “The Mediterranean Diet in Egypt and its Socio-economic Impacts” at the Alexandria and Mediterranean Research Center, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt.
- 07 Apr. 2019 Round Table “The Real Situation of Egyptian Heritage: the Possible and the Desirable” – Celebration of International Day For Monuments and Sites (World Heritage Day 2019) [The Alexandria and Mediterranean Research Center (AlexMed), Bibliotheca Alexandrina; Abu Simbel 50 Campaign; National Organization of Urban Harmony, Ministry of Culture; and Alexandria International Book Fair 2019]
- 30 Mar. 2019 Lecture “Social Media and ICH Marketing” – The capacity building program of UNESCO Cairo office – in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sport – to help the Egyptian initiatives and associations preserving and promoting an intangible cultural heritage.
- 10 May 2018 Lecture “Challenges of Heritage Interpretation in Egypt” in Cooperation with Explore Egypt Initiative and French Institute in Cairo
- 04 – 08 Oct. 2017 Workshop “Urban Architectural Heritage and Social Interaction” in collaboration with Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, and Arab Council for the Social Sciences’ (ACSS) by a grant of Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) at Rashid – Open Air Museum, Behira Governorate, Egypt.
- 13 – 16 Sept. 2017 Workshop “Revitalization of Lala Studio Surroundings” in collaboration with Lala Studio, John D. Gerhart Center and School of Business – American Uni. in Cairo (AUC), CLUSTER, and MATRIX Consultants.
- 26 May 2017 A Facebook live UNESCO New Delhi Office-supported initiative GoUNESCO conference – Session 2: UNESCO Site Management and Marketing
- 18 – 20 May 2017 Workshop “How to Market the Heritage Value?” in collaboration with Goethe Institute in Alexandria, Administration of Archaeological Awareness – Egyptian Antiquities Sector – Ministry of Antiquities, and Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- 15 May 2017 Lecture “Historical Effects and Siwan Traditional Architecture” a joint workshop “The Concept Design: Siwan Challenges” with Design Tour a scientific debate “ArchitectureForChange Genius Tempus 2017” in cooperation with Institut Français d’Egypte in Alexandria.
- 02 May 2017 Lecture “Historical Timeline of Rome and its Urban Architectural Form” in collaboration with Ms. Insaf Othmane, an instructor of module “Architectural Theory”, Faculty of Engineering (Architecture Department), Université Française d’Egypte.
- 11 Mar. 2017 Lecture “Heritage Sites, Museums and Marketing Planning”, Supreme Council of Egyptian Uni.s, Faculty of Archaeology, Civilization and Heritage Center, Fayum Uni.
- 22 Feb. 2016 M.A. Dissertation “Developing Innovative Marketing Plan to Augment the Visitation of Egyptian World Heritage Site(s): a Case Study on Saladin Citadel” – Deutsches Archäologisches Institut – Kairo.
- Technical Report: Othmane, I. & Amer, M. (2021), Siwa Oasis: a Forgotten Heritage under Threat. In World Heritage Watch, World Heritage Watch Report 2021. Berlin: World Heritage Watch. [Further Coming]
- Technical Report (Contributor): Labadi, S., Giliberto, F., Rosetti, I., Shetabi, L. & Yıldırım, E. (2021), Heritage and the Sustainable Development Goals: Policy Guidance for Heritage and Development Actors. Paris: ICOMOS.
- Book Chapter: Amer, M. (2020). Cultural Identity: Concept and Heritage Review. In A. C. Antunes, G. Angjliu, & M. Bellanova (Eds.), Advances in Cultural Heritage Studies. Contributions of the European Students’ Association for Cultural Heritage 2020. Oeiras: Mazu Press, 89-105. [ISBN 978-989-54519-8-2]
- Book Chapter: Amer, M. (2020). Interactive-relationship between Cultural Identity and Heritage Branding. In A. C. Antunes, G. Angjliu, & M. Bellanova (Eds.), Advances in Cultural Heritage Studies. Contributions of the European Students’ Association for Cultural Heritage 2020. Oeiras: Mazu Press, 161-177. [ISBN 978-989-54519-8-2]
- Journal Paper: Amer, M. & Abdel Maksood, A. (2019), The Manifestations of the Mediterranean Diet in Egyptian Intangible Cultural Heritage. International Journal of Heritage and Museum Studies, 2(1), 206–229. [DOI: 10.21608/IJHMS.2019.119041]
- Conference Paper: Amer, M. (2019), Egyptian Rural Practices: Living Heritage and Musealization. In ICOMOS Advisory Committee Scientific Symposium “Rural Heritage – Landscapes and Beyond”. Marrakech: ICOMOS Morocco. [DOI:10.7275/9yw4-0q19]
- Book Chapter: Amer, M. (2018), Egyptian Intangible Heritage between Preservation Management and Sustainable Development Pattern: Analysis of the Popular Craft of Manufacturing Mats. In A. De Trafford, G. J. Tassie, J. van Wetering & O. El Daly (eds.) a River Runs through It: Studies in Honour of Prof. Fekri A. Hassan. London: Golden House Publications, 226-242. [ISBN-13: 978-1906137373]
- Journal Article: Amer, M. (2017), Marketing Planning as a Tool to Augment the Visitation of Heritage Sites and Museums. International Journal of Heritage and Museum Studies, 1(1), 229–238. [DOI: 10.21608/IJHMS.2019.119042]
- Technical Report: Amer, M. (ed.) (2017), Urban Architectural Heritage and Social Interaction: Rashid-Open Air Museums, Workshop Results. HeritageForAll.
- M.A. Dissertation: Amer, M. (2015), Developing Innovative Marketing Plan to Augment the Visitation of Egyptian World Heritage Site(s): a Case Study on Saladin Citadel (M.A. in Heritage Conservation and Site Management). Helwan Uni. (Egypt) and BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg (Germany), Cairo. (Unpublished)
- Seminar Presentation: Amer, M. (2015), World Cultural Heritage and Economic Thinking: a Case Study on Bayt al-Kritliya. In Conference “Historic Districts for Tomorrow” – Transformation Partnership in Urban Design and Architecture (Cairo Uni. – Alexandria Uni. (Egypt) – BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg (Germany)), Cairo.
- Research Findings: Amer, M. & Hassan, M. (2014). Ancient Memphis: Human-induced Impact Assessment. the Joint Master in Heritage Conservation and Site Management / Module: Heritage-Impact Assessment, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg.