HeritageForAll Initiative mainly focuses on heritage and/or museum management and conservation. It shares up-to-date aspects in relation to heritage conservation, site management, and museology with young professionals within its virtual platform, as well as a group of capacity building activities. These activities are often open to all interested people from all educational backgrounds and from various age groups as well. In the future, HeritageForAll is going to be a consultation entity for heritage sites and museums, presenting applicable recommendations and suggestions. It seeks to raise awareness among local communities for their cultural heritage.
Relationship with other Organizations:
- Œcumene Studio for Integrated Urban Development and Sustainable Architecture
- The Arab Council for the Social Sciences’ (ACSS) – Small Grants Program (SGP) by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- UNESCO New Delhi office-supported Initiative GoUNESCO
- Australian ICOMOS
- Tadamun – تضامُن includes, in August 2019, HeritageForAll initiative in their Mapping Regional Urbanism as an effective campaign.
- Cairo Urban Initiatives Platform includes, in January 2019, HeritageForAll initiative in the list of active initiatives.
- “HeritageForAll” initiative was honored, in March 2018, as one of the best international initiatives, during an international conference “Islamic Art Confronts Extremism” by Bibliotheca Alexandrina, International Council of Museums (ICOM Egypt), and Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO).
- Archäologie und Denkmalpflege magazine hosts, in its first edition (2018), a reported article about HeritageForAll Initiative and its activities under the title “HeritageForAll – Conserve, Manage, Sustain“.
Updating our followers with our main achievements, Initiative was honored and obtained the grants and supports:
- (2017) Intensive workshop “Manage Your Heritage Site !” – in a partnership with Œcumene Studio
- (2017) Workshop “Revitalization of Lala Studio Surroundings” in collaboration with Lala Studio, John D. Gerhart Center and School of Business – American University in Cairo (AUC), CLUSTER, and MATRIX Consultants.
- (2017) GoUNESCO event “Make Heritage Fun! Cairo” at CULTNAT – “Field Trip to CULTNAT – Cultural Heritage Presentation and Technology” [Event Partners: HeritageForAll Initiative; Center for Documentation Natural and Cultural Heritage (CULTNAT)- Bibliotheca Alexandrina; Ministry of Antiquities (Administration of Archaeological Awareness – Egyptian Antiquities Sector); National Committee of International Council of Museums (ICOM Egypt); UNESCO New Delhi-supported initiative GoUNESCO]
- (2017) Joint workshop “The Concept Design: Siwan Challenges” with Design Tour a scientific debate “ArchitectureForChange Genius Tempus 2017” in cooperation with Œcumene Studio for Integrated Urban Development and Sustainable Architecture and Institut Français d’Egypte in Alexandria.
- (2017) Workshop “How to Market the Heritage Value?” in collaboration with Goethe Institute in Alexandria, Administration of Archaeological Awareness – Egyptian Antiquities Sector – Ministry of Antiquities, Œcumene Studio and Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- (2017) Workshop “Urban Architectural Heritage and Social Interaction” in collaboration with Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, Œcumene Studio and Arab Council for the Social Sciences’ (ACSS) by a grant of Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) at Rashid – Open Air Museum, Behira Governorate, Egypt.
- (2018) Webinar “ICOMOS Charter on Built Vernacular Heritage: A Case Study on Siwa Oasis Karshif Settlements and Traditional Architecture” – Œcumene Studio SIWI Webinar series 2017 – Siwa Architecture Community Centre: towards an Inclusive and Heritage-conscious Urban Transition (SIWI Project).
- (2018) Training Course “Intro. to Heritage Management and Marketing”
- (2018) Workshops “Heritage and Skills”, International Cairo Book Fair 2018 [A Methodological Approach to Architectural Design: Applications on Museums, A Sustainable Museum Journey; Heritage as the Source of Learning; Interactive Activities as a Tool to Increase Cultural Heritage Awareness of School Children; How to Raise the Financial Resources of the Heritage Site or Museums?] – in cooperation with Administration of Archaeological Awareness – Ancient Egyptian Antiquities Sector (Ministry of Antiquities) and General Egyptian Book Organization (Ministry of Culture)
- (2018) Event “Expression and Heritage” [to clarify the communication popular points between Egyptian people and Russian people throughout a group of Egyptian and Russian oral history, expressions and popular proverbs]- (hosted by Lala Studio)
- (2018) Public Lecture “Roots of Ancient Egypt” [by Dr. Rudolph Kuper – Prehistory Archaeologist – Heinrich-Barth Institute for African Archaeology and Environmental History in cooperation with Cologne University (Prehistory History Institute – Africa Research Center)] – in cooperation with National Museum of Egyptian Civilization.
- (2018) Public Lecture “Desert Road Archaeology and Heritage Development”[by Dr. Heiko Riemer – Prehistory Archaeologist – Heinrich-Barth Institute for African Archaeology and Environmental History in cooperation with Cologne University (Prehistory History Institute – Africa Research Center)] – in cooperation with Administration of Cultural Development and Community Engagement and Administration of Human Resources Development – Minister Office – Ministry of Antiquities.
- (2018) Public Lecture “Challenges of Heritage Interpretation in Egypt” – in cooperation with “Explore Egypt” initiative French Institute in Cairo.
- (2018) International Webinar “Ownership and Ensuring Long-term Conservation“- [by Ms. Juliana Strogan, Collection Manager and Conservator at the Norwegian Industry Workers Museum Foundation (NIA), Rjukan-Notodden (UNESCO WHS) in Norway] – with the support and participation of the Arts and Crafts School (ACRA), the Conservation Department (Ovar Municipality, Portugal)
- (2018) Training Course “Heritage Management Principles” [sponsored by Blooms Coworking Space
- (2019) Public Lecture “Social Media and ICH Marketing” – the capacity building program of UNESCO Cairo office in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sport – to help the Egyptian initiatives and associations preserving and promoting an intangible cultural heritage.
- (2019) Public Lecture “The Mediterranean Diet in Egypt and Its Socio-economic Impacts” – in cooperation with the Alexandria and Mediterranean Research Center (AlexMed) – Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- (2019) International Online Internship Program “Rural Heritage and Traditional Food” There are eight international interns, from India, USA, Italy, China, Turkey, and Bangladesh, who graduated in HeritageForAll Initiative – International Online Internship “Rural Heritage and Traditional Food” that through they covered multiple themes of ICOMOS/UNESCO-WHC-based annual theme “Rural Landscapes”.
- (2020) Ms. Münire Büyükgüllü, as a heritage researcher and HeritageForAll representative, participates in, European Students’ Association for Cultural Heritage (ESACH) TALKS! “PEOPLE AND HERITAGE”, presenting her topic “Heritage Preservation and Cumalıkızık Rural Community” under the theme “Civic Involvement, Citizens’ Roles in the Preservation of Heritage”. The event has been taken place online in partnership with Europa Nostra.
- (2020) Webinar “Cultural Identity: Curating the Heritage City” –[ICOMOS World Heritage Day 2020 “Shared Cultures, Shared Heritage, Shared Responsibility”]
- (2020) Webinar “Heritage Branding: Protective Shield to Sustain the Cultural Sites” [sponsored by Œcumene Studio].
- (2020) International Webinar “Multidisciplinary Heritage Conservation Approaches: Theory and Application“.
- (2021) International Online Internship Program “Musealization of Cultural Identity” There are six international interns, from India, Bangladesh, Syria, Mexico, Kosovo and Egypt who graduated in HeritageForAll Initiative – International Online Internship “Musealization of Cultural Identity” that through they covered multiple themes of Heritage Preservation-based perspective of the cultural identity.