HeritageForAll International Online Internship Program 2021
“Musealization of Cultural Identity”
“HeritageForAll” initiative has the pleasure to inform you that for the third time, we offer a number of internship vacancies during the upcoming summer vacation. We require TEN interns. Those will do their task along six months (July – December 2021).
Sharing a responsibility and safeguarding the identity, the main theme of HeritageForAll internship program 2021 “Musealization of Cultural Identity”. Therefore, the interns– as a researcher in a cultural heritage (both tangible and intangible) and the museum studies – are in charge of the following tasks, in coordination with and under the supervision of the program assistant. Intern is responsible monthly for mainly writing the blog articles + doing a documentary interview or presenting a short recorded lecture or displaying an animated story or an informatic graph which to cover SIX items of the listed themes:
- Architectural Heritage and Interpretation of Cultural Practices
- Autochthones / Indigenous Communities and Daily Traditional Practices
- Cultural product, food and craft: Know-how Transformation and Consumption Theory
- Socio-economic Management and Interlinking the Tangible and Intangible Heritage
- Life-long Learning Memory and Sustainability of Cultural Landscape
- Edutainment Tools and Heritage Education: School Subjects
- Cultural Diversity and Creative Cultural Tourism
- Community Development and Cultural Heritage-based Entrepreneurship
- Cultural Significance and Sustainability of Authentic Context of the Transformed Cultural Identity
- Future Heritage Industry and Contemporary Requirements of the Youth Generation
- Cultural Identity-based Applications of Public-Private Strategy and Consumed Products
How to Apply
Please fill in the application (here), before 07 June 2021 midnight (CET), including:
- Brief Bio. (no more than 300 words);
- Motivation letter (no more than 500 words)”:
- Full-detailed Curriculum Vitae
- One previous assignment or graduation project or research paper or article (blog or academic) or dissertation (professional or academic) or animated stories or poster
- One high-resolution personal photo in a heritage space “preferably in LOCAL heritage place”
the applicants must be B.A. student “the 4th year”, a fresh graduate or a Master student from the following backgrounds: archaeology; cultural development; heritage studies; museum studies; anthropology; cultural management; economics and business administration; education; fine arts; graphic design; animation arts; architecture; history; agriculture; nutrition; cultural tourism.
good command of English; interpersonal skills; time management skills; the sense of organization; analytical capabilities; and high passion for safeguarding, preserving, and transforming his/her cultural heritage.
- An internship is not paid;
- English language is an official language that initiative and intern will use for communication and letters, as well as other outcomes of the internship program.
- An intern accepts the following obligations with respect to his/her participation in the internship program:
- To provide an initiative with a copy of all materials prepared during his/her internship;
- To provide immediate written notice in case of such circumstances which might prevent an intern from completing the internship.
- An intern MUST put references for the data, figures, diagrams, plans and so on keeping the copyrights. An intern should use American Psychological Association (APA) citation style, we recommend Zotero – Citation Software
- Download: www.zotero.org/download/
- Register an Account: www.zotero.org/user/register/
- Download and install the browser extension for the browser you use from www.zotero.org/download/
- Activate the account in the Settings of Zotero
- Zotero Style Repository http://www.zotero.org/styles
- In each topic, an intern MUST present a case study from his/her home country.
- Blog article is MANDATORY and is minimum four pages – 2,000 words single spaced excluding the figures, sketches, diagrams, plates, and bibliography. You can review the deadline for sending the blog articles as the following:
- 1st article: 24 July 2021
- 2nd article: 21 August 2021
- 3rd article: 25 September 2021
- 4th article: 23 October 2021
- 5th article: 20 November 2021
- 6th article: 25 December 2021
7. Other outcomes, like a documentary interview, short recorded lecture (around 15 minutes), animated story, and informatic graph, an intern should submit according to at the following dates:
- 1st upload: 31 July 2021
- 2nd upload: 28 August 2021
- 3rd upload: 30 September 2021
- 4th upload: 30 October 2021
- 5th upload: 27 November 2021
- 6th upload: 30 December 2021
8. To get e-certificate of completing an internship, an intern should fulfil about 80 % of his/her tasks.
Recruitment Procedures Timeline
07 June 2021 Deadline of application
20 June 2021 To send acceptance letter “we will send only the accepted candidates”
25 June 2021 Deadline of confirmation + to mention his/her list of internship themes “only six themes”
30 June 2021 Post the final list of international interns. Page will publish a full note about each intern covering:
- His/her biography “no more 300 words”
- His/her six themes along the internship duration
- His/her motivation to apply for the HeritageForAll internship program
- An introduction of the cultural identity and heritage of his/her home country
N.B. In case of having any inquiries, please don’t hesitate to email us [firstname.lastname@example.org]!
We are looking forward to receiving your application.